On behalf of our animals, thanks for your interest in volunteering! We are passionate about providing a safe and healthy environment for our animal residents and we look forward to you becoming part of our team. The HSOC is always looking for animal friendly people to help with our cause. There are many ways to contribute:
- Assist with our fundraising events - it's really fun and super important!
- Help with our outreach programs at offsite events in the community by greeting people, answering questions, hand out pamphlets and educate the public about The HSOC.
- Help at the shelter with animal care work, cleaning, or general tasks.
- Interact with the animals (must be 18) - what's more rewarding than walking the dogs or playing/socializing with the cats or dogs at the shelter?
- Host a project or event at your home, school or elsewhere in the community to benefit The HSOC.
- Do you have a specific skillset that could benefit The HSOC? Graphic design, IT specialist, landscaping?
The shelter is open 7 days a week from 11:00am - 3:00pm to the general public. Volunteers must be responsible and at least 18 years old.
Please click here to download the volunteer application. You can drop off your completed application at the shelter, email it to email@example.com or mail it to: HSOC, PO Box 1254, Ocean City, NJ 08226
Once your application is submitted, you will receive a phone call or email to schedule your training. New volunteers should expect training to last approximately 45 minutes and you will be issued a Volunteer Handbook.